Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem harman kardon drive + play with ipod 60gb error 29,1

I've installed harman kardon drive + play in my car in combination with an ipod 60 gb.( I'm using the aux) When I select an artist of music is playing or I'm using the joystick, suddenly drive + play is frozen. On the screen I see errorcode 29,1. I have to put it on/off if I want to go further.

I'm using the latest ipod software 1.1.2 in combination with the latest update from June 2006.

Other problems i have:
- i hear the sound of the engine as a ground loop;
- i cant manage the equalizer by the joystick (i want more
bass);
- i have a phone installed using the 2nd automatic aux.
The setting x for automatic aux sometimes disappear.

Can somebody give me some useful information ?

ipod 60 gb Windows XP

ipod 60 gb

Posted on Aug 16, 2006 1:08 PM

9 replies

Oct 22, 2006 11:58 PM in response to agsaa

Yes, I have just purchased a drive + play, and I have the same error code.
I have tried other ipods on the system mini/ nano etc and they all work, so the system works.
Have contacted Harman Kardon customer support in the states, and they say that the 5g ipod should work with their system, but it does not.
I am trying to get answers from apple but to no avail.
nigelb

Jan 2, 2007 7:27 AM in response to nigelb

hi there,

i got the same problem since about 5 months now.
i bought the drive+play + the ipod video 30gb in may 06. since july/august i cant use it anymore, first i got the problem that the error was shown after some minutes or sometimes an hour...meanwhile i didnt get a chance to connect the ipod, cause the system wont recognize it. only if i move around the connection cable in the ipod i sometimes got luck and get it connected. but the display wont work i just can listen to some music.
i already send over 10 emails to harman in the last 5 months and didnt get any reply from the german base. the support sucx completly.

i havent tried a other ipod yet, but i think that it is just a crappy connector cable. the iPod works well on my PC and is recognized a second after connecting it to the original usb cable from apple. so i dont think that the connectors from the ipod are damaged, it seems like that harman delivere us a crappy cable, as they already know, but wont re-change them for their customers.

does anybody here know if theres a chance to get a new connection cable anywhere? or maybe there is any adapter out there that i can use the original apple cable on the drive + play station?

cheers
Sven

Jan 30, 2007 3:13 PM in response to agsaa

You can a replace cable from Harman Kardon by simply e-mailing them. Of course they will ask you to reset your Drive + Play first. I am having the same problems as all of you. My 30GB 5G worked well for one month and then it would not anymore. It is definitely something with iPOD software upgrade 1.2.1. I already got a new cable and did not work and I have plugged in numerous other iPODS and they all worked. Seems we are paying for keeping our software up to date. Apple has not done a thing about it.

Jan 30, 2007 3:16 PM in response to Sven - DNR

I got the same problem in August!!! You can a replace cable from Harman Kardon by simply e-mailing them. Of course they will ask you to reset your Drive + Play first. I am having the same problems as all of you. My 30GB 5G worked well for one month and then it would not anymore. It is definitely something with iPOD software upgrade 1.2.1. I already got a new cable and did not work and I have plugged in numerous other iPODS and they all worked. Seems we are paying for keeping our software up to date. Apple has not done a thing about it.

problem harman kardon drive + play with ipod 60gb error 29,1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.