Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete my old iCloud AppleID?

How can I delete/change my old iCloud AppleID? I keep getting these annoying sign in to iCloud pop-ups on my iPad. I can't remember the password etc (security questions). And the AppleID/email I want to delete/change is no longer active so I can't retrieve my password via email. Any help would be much appreciated.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 4:04 PM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2014 5:10 PM in response to MarkP4B

To change the iCloud ID you have to go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide the password for the old ID when prompted to turn off Find My iDevice, then sign back in with the ID you wish to use. If you don't know the password for your old ID, or if it isn't accepted, and your old ID is an earlier version of your current ID, go to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iDevice on your device, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll. When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

Mar 26, 2014 12:29 AM in response to MarkP4B

Thank you. I to have same problem. I have a new Apple ID and pass word but my I cloud is still the old no longer valid one I need to restore my iPad cause it is almost full..to do this I have to turn off " find my iPad which requires my iCloud ID and pass word... Which some how was not included with my new "apple Id...I wrote down your instructions on a peace of paper. Word for word. Now I must go and apply them..... Thank you again,, but it doesn't seem fair all this work. As I have a read only memory and will be up the rest of the night on this.... Hope it works and I don't mess up....

How can I delete my old iCloud AppleID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.