Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The right side of my headphones stopped working. Would I be able to get a replacement?

The right side of my headphones stopped working. Would I be able to get a replacement?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 5:03 PM

1 reply

Mar 24, 2014 11:15 PM in response to 33babey

Hello "33babey" and welcome to the Support Forums. Yes, I imagine if you didn't deliberately damage the right speaker you should be fine in getting a replacement, though this depends on how old they are. What you may want to check however, before seeking replacement would be to see if it just your speaker balance. I often find I have this problem with my headphones, but I find within minutes that it is just silly old me, who turned his balance all to the left speaker. You can go about checking by plugging you headphones into your computer. Next, open system preferences, or if you are on a PC, your settings panel. Then, find audio output within the settings menu. (On osx you can search for 'audio output'. For PC, I really wouldn't know, but I imagine it would be somewhere in the sound settinsg tab). After you get there, look for the slider labeled 'balance' and make sure it is centered in the middle. If it is, you are right, broken headphones, if not, move it to the middle and see if that fixes your problem.
Thanks!

~ Cole

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.