Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Baseline 11' Mid 2013 Model PRACTICAL for Production?

Hi, I recently purchased a Mid 2013 11' base model Macbook Air primarily for DJing. However, I was wondering how effective Logic X would run on it. I know that it technically meets the minimum specs and whatnot, however I am looking for a more realistic responce from someone who actually has experience. I am primarily a House producer having used FL studio extensively in the past. I am just looking for more then a spec talk before I drop 200$ on a product.

Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), mid2013 11' 4GB RAM 128GB Memory i5

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 5:00 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2014 12:57 AM in response to Frenchy036

"Only" a spectalk, though I know what I'm talking about. The air doesn't only meet the minimum requirement, it is way (about 6 times) more powerful than "just" that. In fact, it is about the same as my current desktop machine. You may have to be careful using RAM intensive things like Flex time and Flex pitch, and big sample libraries (symphonic mockups etc). Other than that, it should run fine. Keep in mind though that Logic is capable of overloading any computer, if you are carelessly dropping plugins and softsynths all over the place.

I would upgrade RAM to the maximum 8 GB.

In this list, look at the 10th entry from the top: it's an older MB air (2011), that is marginally less powerful even than yours, yet it scores higher than for example the first Mac Pro...

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/371545-logic-pro-multicore-benchm arktest.html

Macbook Air Baseline 11' Mid 2013 Model PRACTICAL for Production?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.