Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 27

I have two issues that I cannot figure out.

1) When I try to Share my project as a Master File it gets to 23% then fails. A window shows up saying that the sharing failed because of an error during export and cites 'Error 27'. What is 'Error 27' and why is it stopping me from exporting my project as a Master File?

2) In my project library on the left had side of the window there is a caution symbol showing where my project title is. What does that mean?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 5:47 PM

7 replies

Jun 25, 2014 7:37 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi guys... I had a similar problem (Error 27 when exporting/sharing a 1hr30min-ish file to a 1TB USB3.0 HDD with MSDOS/FAT32 formatting)... Was able to export/share to my internal drive (1TB MacOS Extended) but then when I tried to copy it to the External Drive, it said that the drive was unable to handle a file of that size due to its formatting... Stupid error, in my opinion, but a possible solution for some folks out there... Cheers

Note: My AppNap was already disabled for FCPX... I'm using Mavericks OSX with all the latest updates installed on a 2013 model 27" iMac

Jun 26, 2014 12:29 AM in response to rohitdeb

rohitdeb wrote:

Hi guys... I had a similar problem (Error 27 when exporting/sharing a 1hr30min-ish file to a 1TB USB3.0 HDD with MSDOS/FAT32 formatting)... Was able to export/share to my internal drive (1TB MacOS Extended) but then when I tried to copy it to the External Drive, it said that the drive was unable to handle a file of that size due to its formatting... Stupid error, in my opinion, but a possible solution for some folks out there... Cheers

Note: My AppNap was already disabled for FCPX... I'm using Mavericks OSX with all the latest updates installed on a 2013 model 27" iMac

FAT32 does not support files larger than 4GB.

Error 27

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.