Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong iTunes account

Hello,

I just plugged my wife's iPhone into my MacBook to backup before setting up her new 5S. It asked me to trust the computer but now on her iPhone its asking her to log into my iTunes account to update an app. The strange thing is when I go into her iCloud and iTunes settings, her email still shows!

Trying to log in again or reboot doesn't work. Any help please?!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, 16GB

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 6:36 PM

7 replies

Mar 25, 2014 8:19 AM in response to lizdance40

So, it's really strange. I actually forgot I had a seperate user profile for her on my MacBook so I just switched to that, backed up her old phone and restored the backup to her new 5S. When all was said and done, the update to the app was still asking for my login. The strange part was she tried to download a new app and it prompted her for her Apple ID so I told her to remove the app in question and re-download it and that worked.

Essentially, for some reason that app, because we both go it through our respective Apple IDs, was stuck on her phone even through restore on her new phone.

Anyway, problem resolved.

Wrong iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.