Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to have a Virgin Mobile Iphone 5s, moved over to Sprint Contract?

Hey all!

So I have been wanting an Iphone 5s as a second phone for a while, and now that virgin mobile is offering an INSANE deal on it, I want to jump on it. With that said, I am currently on Sprint for the next year and a half or so and do not want to pay a second round of phone bills for 2 different phone numbers. So I was wondering, since Virgin runs off of Sprint's network, the Iphone model should be the same. How easy would it be to transfer the Iphone from Virgin over to Sprint? If its even possible at all. Thanks!

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 6:39 PM

6 replies

Nov 30, 2016 10:45 AM in response to artwire

There are no federal regulations requiring carriers to unlock phones at all. There is a voluntary agreement among the major US carriers that they will do so. They entered into this agreement specifically to avoid regulation of the issue by the government.

Virgin Mobile is NOT a signatory to the agreement in question. They are under no legal obligation to unlock phones at all.

Is it possible to have a Virgin Mobile Iphone 5s, moved over to Sprint Contract?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.