Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirroring Works on Every Device except MB Pro... Why?

I have an older MB Pro (2010) with Mavericks 10.9.2 installed. I updated my MB Pro just recently and bought my Apple TV yesterday (it's brand new).

I can mirror my iPad, my iPhone and I can even use AirPlay to play the audio in iTunes on my MB Pro on my Apple TV (3rd gen). However, I cannot mirror my desktop with the MB Pro. None of the option show up in my display setting and there is no AirPlay icon on my bar at the top.

I've read stuff about AirParrot and other programs causing problems. I have never installed anything like that on this machine.

I've read almost every thread in here and nothing is working. Does anyone have any suggestions or am I just beating a dead horse? Do I have to wait on Apple to fix this?

Please help...

MacBook Pro, Audio/Video cables to TV

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 7:10 PM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2014 7:12 PM in response to Schmelkov

About AirPlay and Airplay Mirroring

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer). For non-qualifying Macs you can try using Air Parrot.

Several Apple Articles Regarding AirPlay

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd gen)- How to use AirPlay Mirroring

How to set up and configure AirPort Express for AirPlay and iTunes

iTunes- Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

iTunes- Using AirPlay

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd gen)- Understanding AirPlay settings

About AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion

iTunes 10- About playing music with AirPlay

Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

Using AirPlay

Thanks to the $15 Beamer, AirPlay streaming is still possible on Macs that do not support Airplay and mirroring.

Other solutions are the Air Parrot, StreamToMe, and AirServer.

Apr 18, 2014 6:24 PM in response to Schmelkov

I am having the same problem. I previously was able to mirror. Now, doesn't allow me to...I have the option, but it will not allow me to select it. Screen goes black and we can hear audio. I have a Mid-2011 iMac running OSX 10.9.2

Kappy...I have seen your post on several threads, appreciate it, but there is something going on here. I've previously had no problems and I can stream from every other device in the house except my iMac...and that includes a mid-2012 macbook.

Not sure what happened to lose the ability to mirror.

Mirroring Works on Every Device except MB Pro... Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.