Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3rd gen crash and power off issue

I have ipad 3rd gen iOS 7.1. In the past few hours when using internet(safari or chrome), Netflix, and games some weird things happen.

1. Screen goes black for a few second then returns to lock screen. And/or

2. 'Slide to power off' appears at top of screen along with an X to cancel at bottom of screen and/or

3. Continually get pop up to login to itunes.

All of these things have occurred independently of one another and sometimes they all occur within a matter of seconds.

I have tried: rebooting, logging in to itunes when it think I am not logged in, uninstalling and reinstalling apps, resetting itunes password, and now reading forums.

Suggestions? Feedback? Solutions? Anything would be a great help right now. Thanks!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 6:17 PM

4 replies

Mar 29, 2014 5:31 PM in response to Wldchd1978

I have a similar problem that started yesterday. Also 3rd generation. After a few minutes in any app the screen darkens, a sort of shadow rolls up the screen from the bottom to the top, and then the iPad crashes. Yesterday it restarted every time it crashed. At least today it's staying off once it crashes. I was also sometimes prompted to log into iTunes.

Apr 4, 2014 11:12 AM in response to Wldchd1978

This seems to be a wide spread problem and just once I would like to see something other than "try a reset, restore your ipad via iTunes and take it genius store for a diagnostic". This problem is that IOS 7.1 is faulty. Fix it! Lots of us have tried all these supposed fixes and they don't work. Get working on a solution Apple. I own many Apple products and have always been impressed with their stability, but this problem has shaken my faith.

iPad 3rd gen crash and power off issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.