Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I print text messages for a court case? I need the date and times on the messages.

I need to print some text messages, how do I do that where it includes the date and time. It is about 750-1000 texts so I can't do screen shots.

Thanks,

Kaymed

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2017 12:47 AM

I'm sorry, I followed this link but couldn't find the app. I also needed to print my iPhone text conversations for some legal issue and this is what my lawyer had suggested about presenting text messages as legal evidence:

1. Text messages must include date stamps and time stamps showing the date and time of each text messages
  2. A print-out or screenshot of the text messages that links the message to the sender along with the affidavit stating that the copy (print-out /screenshot/photo of the text message) is accurate representation of the message.

I finally printed my iPhone text messages/iMessages using the app mentioned in this tutorial about printing iPhone text messages. First, I transferred my text messages to my computer as PDF file and then printed them on a A4 sheet. Hope it helps!

P.S. I’m not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. I’m just sharing my experience.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2017 12:47 AM in response to IdrisSeabrigh

I'm sorry, I followed this link but couldn't find the app. I also needed to print my iPhone text conversations for some legal issue and this is what my lawyer had suggested about presenting text messages as legal evidence:

1. Text messages must include date stamps and time stamps showing the date and time of each text messages
  2. A print-out or screenshot of the text messages that links the message to the sender along with the affidavit stating that the copy (print-out /screenshot/photo of the text message) is accurate representation of the message.

I finally printed my iPhone text messages/iMessages using the app mentioned in this tutorial about printing iPhone text messages. First, I transferred my text messages to my computer as PDF file and then printed them on a A4 sheet. Hope it helps!

P.S. I’m not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. I’m just sharing my experience.

Aug 2, 2017 4:11 PM in response to Seabrighttte

Seabrighttte wrote:

One additional option if you want to save the text messages to your computer and print them out for court or any other purposes, is to give Decipher Text Message a try. The software lets you archive your iMessages & sms messages and also print them.

The link in Seabrighttte's post is NOT to Decipher TextMessage despite the text claiming it is. I'm the lead developer for Decipher TextMessage, and the author of the blog post linked in another person's post about documenting text messages for court. I'm not sure if the different link was intentional or not, but I just wanted to make it clear that it is an incorrect link and not our software.

Oct 15, 2017 10:27 AM in response to Lhildebrand

It's usually frowned on by the moderators to post promotional links, which is why I didn't put a link in my response before 🙂 Here's a blog post we wrote specifically about printing text messages for court which offers a few different solutions, including Decipher TextMessage.

(Note that the links I've provided above may benefit me, indirectly or directly, since I'm a developer for one of the programs mentioned in the linked article.)

How can I print text messages for a court case? I need the date and times on the messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.