Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes unable to burn playlist to CD

I'm unable to burn my playlists to CD. The process begins, asks for a blank CD, continues after the CD is inserted and shows all the signs of a healthy write-to-CD process. Yet, upon completion, the CD is still blank.

I was able to burn to my (external) CD recorder last year but not this year.

I reverted to iTunes 11.0 with the same results, so the problem appears to be with the OS rather than iTunes.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem? or have a solution?

I *need* to be able to burn CDs for my work, so this is very inconvenient.

Cheers,

Gregory

OS 10.9.2

iTunes 11.1.5

Mac Pro (Early 2008)

External CD Recorder connected via a WiebeTech UltraDock (again, this worked flawlessly last year)

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 20GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4870

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 7:47 PM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2014 8:50 PM in response to Gregory Rivers

Further tests showed that burning was also not possible from the Finder, so it would appear to be an OS thing rather than iTunes.

Fortunately for today's engagement, I was able to burn an audio disc with the now-discontinued shareware app Disco.

I also purchased AudioBurner from the App store but there was no help/manual to explain how to use it, BUT the developer replied to my request (almost immediately) for help and gave me full instructions. good stuff :-)

Jul 15, 2014 1:44 AM in response to Gregory Rivers

(just in case anyone else runs into this problem)

I once today needed to write CDs, and once again was unable to. After an hour or so of testing various scenarios, including exchanging Firewire cables and even the CD Writer itself, I was finally able to write CDs.

The solution in my case was to connect the CD Writer to my Mac Pro (2008) using USB instead of Firewire.

iTunes unable to burn playlist to CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.