Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime sound low

My volume is at max, but i cant hear them, but they can hear me, i have tried both of their devices still low volume. please help.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 7:54 PM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2014 1:52 AM in response to Simonsmith93

If muisic and other app sound fine on your iPod it is not a problem with your iPod.

On their devices:

- Make sure the mic hole is clear and unobstructed. It is the little hole on the back by the camera lens(if has back camera). For the 16 GB one without the back camera the mic hole is on the top edge near the center.

- Open the Voice Memos app and see if you see movement on the VU meter needle with changes in noise level trying to be recorded.

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Facetime sound low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.