Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage for PC?

I know that people who have Mac products can connect iMessage from their iPad, iPod, and iPhone to their computer so they can message people without using their handheld device. But can this feature be used on a PC? If so, how?

Windows 8

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 9:50 PM

78 replies

Jan 8, 2017 11:48 AM in response to MSFT_saved_AAPL.so_shutup_pplz

HI,

You could make a request in the free text area of this page http://www.apple.com/feedback/messages.html

You will not get an answer but sheer numbers can have an effect over time.

Messages on a Mac will also do GoogleTalk/Hangouts if your Apple Friends add the ID as an Account in Messages.

User uploaded file

7:48 pm Sunday; January 8, 2017

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone 6 iOS 10.x and an iPad (2)

Jul 18, 2017 11:50 AM in response to fsk1290

Hi,

In the original question is seems implied that the person might have a PC but they would need to buy the Mac in this case.

Also as that Question was 3 years ago I suspect they have found another answer.

User uploaded file

7:50 pm Tuesday; July 18, 2017

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Jul 25, 2017 11:33 AM in response to sprtbkr

Hi,

There have been several spam links in this Thread.

I have ask the Host to also close/Archive it to stop further posts but they seem to have chosen not to.

However you have posted linked to thatxgreenxgirl's original Post and presuming she is a she, has never posted a spam link.

If you could reply to the Post with the Link in it then Level 2 posters and above can report it to the Hosts.

User uploaded file

7:33 pm Tuesday; July 25, 2017

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Jul 26, 2017 11:51 AM in response to sprtbkr

Hi,

With a very long thread the Threaded View gets lost and all posts are as far left as the Original.

However the "In Response to" info changes when you post to a particular post.

User uploaded file

As you say the Links are at least dodgy if not outright spam.

There are some that the Hosts (Moderators) have removed. (The reply numbers do not match those you can read.)

The earliest seems to be the 14th Sept 2014 by AndyGothika

they are spread throughout the thread.

User uploaded file

7:51 pm Wednesday; July 26, 2017

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Sep 1, 2017 11:54 AM in response to madhu441

HI,

This thread is over three years old.

In all that time Apple have not produced iMessages for PC/Windows or any other platform (Apart from the iOS which it was on before the Mac version).

As detailed on the 26th all replies look like they are connected/replying to the Original due to the indentation in certain views being overridden by the thread length.

Anything you read elsewhere is unlikely to have any truth to the information shown.

User uploaded file

7:54 pm Friday; September 1, 2017

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Jul 18, 2017 11:30 AM in response to thatxgreenxgirl

Using Chrome Remote Desktop

1. Download and install Chrome Remote Desktop on both the Windows and Mac PCs
  2. On the Mac go to Remote Desktop extension and note the access code. You need this code to create the connection
  3. Now open the Chrome Remote Desktop app on your PC
  4. Provide the access code by opening Remote Desktop extension
  5. Once connected, you see a screen that shows your Mac desktop
  6. Now use iMessage remotely from this PC

Reminder: You need access to a Mac computer when implementing this method. And that Mac must be turned ON. Otherwise, this tip won’t work.

Jan 7, 2017 2:31 PM in response to thatxgreenxgirl

I have a pc and I have skype, viber, hangouts, whatsapp, and facebook messenger, which I use a lot. But I have a few friends who only use apple products, and so they aren't on any third party messaging services, and so I have to use imessage on my phone to talk to them. I wish I could respond on my pc too.

Mar 16, 2017 5:31 AM in response to BroMom

Wow.. just reading the text (grammar) on that site throws up warning signs. There must be some technical issue for it not being available on Windows machines. Most likely because it would open a hole for hackers to abuse, since it would be on an ecosystem other than Apples.

I wouldn't trust it. Anyone using that is asking for trouble. Look up the definition of PWN'd

iMessage for PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.