Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail - Empty PDF Attachments when moved from 'Junk' (Hotmail)

Hi

I've been using Mail with Hotmail (IMAP) for some time; a recent update resolved the constant errors you'd get when deleting or moving emails between folders.

However, if I receive a PDF attachement from an unknown sender, this goes into Junk.. I then drag it to my Inbox. Occasionally (not consistently) this results in the PDF (when it finally gets round to resyncing the inbox) refusing to open with the message 'The file <name> could not be opened because it is empty'.

This is really inconvenient when you get tickets, policy docs etc from a new sender address and then you have to try and get whoever sent it to you to resend.

Once it has been moved it also appears empty on outlook.com and if you download it you get a zero-byte file.

This has only happened since the last update to mail - I'm now on Version 7.2 (1874).

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

Aaron

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Mail 7.2 (1874)

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 3:24 AM

There are no replies.

Mail - Empty PDF Attachments when moved from 'Junk' (Hotmail)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.