Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I generate a multipage PDF of a tab in a Numbers document?

I am using Numbers for iPad to write down meeting minutes and spread them as PDF documents.

One Numbers document contains for one project for every meeting one tab with the minutes.

Formerly Numbers generated for long tabs several pages. Like in the print dialogue. Now this

isn't possibel anymore.

Is there any way to generate a multipage PDF of a long tab in a Numbers document?

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 1:40 AM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2014 7:00 AM in response to Spanky D. Rascal

Dear Spanky D. Rascal

Yes I want to generate a PDF from the iPad. Formerly it was possible to generate a multipage PDF directly from Numbers with the "open in" dialogue. That was very easy eventhough it wasn't possible to choose just one tab for PDFing.

I have several PDF / Printing Apps on the iPad like Quick Print, Printer Pro or PDF it All. I didn't succeed in creating a multipage PDF with one of these.

On the Mac version it ist still possible to create multipage PDFs with the printing dialogue for instance. But

I want to do it with the iPad.

And finally: I am using version 2.1 (1129)

Mar 25, 2014 7:41 AM in response to Petirr

OK, I see the problem now. I just tried to PDF a multipage spreadsheet and it's now one really, really long single page. I tried opening the PDF in iBooks, Form Tools, Nook, TrialPad, iThoughtsHD, Kindle, OneDrive, Evernote, Dropbox and Box, but they all react the same, a multipage document becomes one long page. This appears to be a bug with Numbers. I'm going to Apple's feedback page and report it. I would suggest you do the same.

How can I generate a multipage PDF of a tab in a Numbers document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.