Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Air Lock/Unlock with smart cover acting up

I have an iPad Air and my lock/unlock setting is turned on and when I close my apple smart cover I hear the screen lock, but now when I open it it takes me directly to the last screen I was on rather than the lock screen where I have to swipe. It used to take me to the lock screen. I tried resetting the settings and doing a hard restart but that has not fixed the problem. What's up?

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 6:01 AM

4 replies

Apr 11, 2014 4:32 AM in response to CarlAVII

Allen, if you re-read Rond's post, you'll see h/she had a different question! The lock/unlock is already set to ON!

I'm having the opposite problem-- intermittently. My cover sometimes opens up the iPad Air, but goes to the slide to unlock screen--not what I want. Often, though, it does what I want, which is to go to the last screen I was viewing. That's how things work in iOS 6 and worked in iOS 7.0-- on both Minis and Airs.

Ipad Air Lock/Unlock with smart cover acting up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.