Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Revisiting Cyrus 2GB email quota limit

Hello All--

I've still got a few clients' Power Mac G5s doing a great job serving with Leopard Server. I'd like to keep doing so, and probably can for a while. My main issue is the 2GB hard-coded quota limit in the Mac OS X Server mail service implementation of Cyrus (which has been discussed in many threads here years ago). These days, it's pretty easy for users to obliterate a 2GB quota, and then they get to asking about workarounds (rather than pruning, of course!). So, I thought I'd see if anybody was still reading here and had any new thoughts or suggestions on how to deal with this.

Mainly, I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to recompile or reconfigure Cyrus on MOSXS 10.5.8 to eliminate this restriction?

2. If not, is removing a user's quota limit and allowing them to store more than 2GB going to cause database corruption? I believe I recall Alex (pterobyte) mentioning in some documentation-- maybe on the OS X TopicDesk site-- that a single mailbox > 2GB was a bad idea in Cyrus.

3. If #1 is no and #2 is yes, what other options might there be? Or is the only solution to procure new hardware and upgrade the MOSXS version?

Thoughts? Ideas? Revelations?!?! 🙂

Thanks for any new discussion!

Fred

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 6:13 AM

There are no replies.

Revisiting Cyrus 2GB email quota limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.