Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus - Malware Recommendation. FaceTime started automatically while phone was charging

My Iphone 5 was on the counter charging and I happened to look over at it and Facetime was running and trying to contact someone in my contacts list. This also happened yesterday while phone was charging. I was looking at my phone and my contacts where open when the phone was charging.

To me it seems like I have a virus but I'm not sure. I also just started using a new Mophie battery, not sure if that could have anything to do with the craziness.

I have an Iphone 5 and am running version 7.0.4 (11B554a) AT&T is the carrier

I know I need to update software but I do not want to update until I back up my phone and I don't want to do that until I can verify that I don't have a virus. If I have a virus I don't want to spread it to my mac. Is there malware removal apps for the IPhone 5? Any words of wisdom or guidance is appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 6:42 AM

9 replies

Mar 25, 2014 6:46 AM in response to SoJo2

If you've jailbroken your phone, you have an inherent risk of a virus. (and lost all support options)

If you have not jailbroken your phone, there are no known viruses for the iPhone. So do not spend much time worrying about that.

What may be more explainable is that you may have a glitchy/dying digitizer, because that has happened to me before.

Reboot the phone.

Move your contacts app to a new location on your homescreen.

May 26, 2015 12:02 PM in response to Knkl5862

Knkl5862 wrote:

You mean that there are no Apple acknowledged viruses at this time. I get it.

It has nothing to do with Apple's acknowledgement. The security community as a whole has no public awareness of any malware for iOS that doesn't involve the user doing something to install an app from outside the App Store. Whatever is going on with your phone is not a virus. Any IT folks who told you that there was a "virus in your contacts" should be ashamed of themselves. That's a nonsensical statement, just as silly as saying, "There's a living cow in my bedside lamp."

Depending on what you're seeing (I'm not clear on what that is), it's possible that your Apple ID may have been hacked. This could result in new entries appearing in your Contacts app. Change your password on your Apple ID immediately, and enable two-factor verification to lock down the security on your Apple ID. (If you don't do this, a hacker could potentially lock you permanently out of your Apple ID.)

if there are no virus, how does one go about fixing the blue screens, freezing, and crashe? Who can I call that can diagnose?

Apple, of course. Note that a "blue screen" is not in any way normal on iOS, so if you're seeing some kind of blue screens associated with crashes, that's probably a sign of a hardware issue.

Virus - Malware Recommendation. FaceTime started automatically while phone was charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.