Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i had Safari and lost it, it disappeared from the bottom toolbar. I found it in the trash and have not been able to retrive it.

I had Safari and it disappeared from the bottom toolbar. I found it in the trash and have not been able to retrive it.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 7:07 AM

7 replies

Mar 25, 2014 11:17 PM in response to skunkfu

Depending on the vintage of your computer and the software limitations

of the combined configuration, you may have to consider looking into

your system install-restore disc (whatever it is) and either use Pacifist

to extract just the Safari browser and use Pacifist to get the software

from the DVD and install it from the desktop (not run DVDs installer)

or see if there is a suitable Safari browser for your older OS X in PPC

from these. A browser newer than your OS X supports won't work.

Perhaps you could go back as far as Safari prior to Panther 10.3.9, here

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

{Downloads for Safari later than Snow Leopard 10.6.8 are AppStore items.}

Or get a different supported browser for older PPC by looking into

archives for TenFourFox, or iCab, or very old FireFox 3.x. online.

The latest TenFourFox would be OK for Tiger/Leopard.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Mar 26, 2014 10:53 AM in response to skunkfu

You have a PowerPC Mavc which is ancient, but it just so happens I'm an Expert at the PPC Macs. So down to the Basics: The Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leapord) is the highest ANY PPC Mac will accept. You would have to have an Intel Mac to go higher. So by the looks of this you probably have a G3 PPC Processor considering the Mac OS X 10.2.8 Software. And Now how to fix your proboblem. Download FirefoxInstaller.dmg and follow the steps. Here is the Download link: http://www.oldapps.com/mac/firefox.php?old_firefox=53

If this still does not work contact me and I will direct you throught the steps on how to install Firefox.

If you still prefere Safari then Follow these steps. Click the Download link I am providing for you and Download Safari 1.0 for your PPC Mac then Install the .dmg file and follow it's steps.

Thank You! 🙂

Message was edited by: THINK DIFFERENT. -STEVE JOBS

<Edited by Host>

i had Safari and lost it, it disappeared from the bottom toolbar. I found it in the trash and have not been able to retrive it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.