Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone else had a problem with closing their Macbook Pro (latest model) and after you open it back up the internet shows as connected but won't pull up websites whatsoever?

Occasionally, I will close my Macbook Pro when I'm not using it, and when I reopen it my wireless network shows as being connected, but the internet will not function whatsoever. I tried disabling the WIFI and re-enabling it but the problem persisted. Ultimately I have to just restart then everything works fine. I even tested my cell phone (which uses my home WIFI also) and was able to pull up websites, which isolates the problem to the computer.

Seems like after the computer goes on Standby or Sleep, it only has the trouble immediately after. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 7:47 AM

There are no replies.

Has anyone else had a problem with closing their Macbook Pro (latest model) and after you open it back up the internet shows as connected but won't pull up websites whatsoever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.