Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Preview viewer - resizing?

Hello,

I have a simple question - I'm trying to review data files. They're digital images. I am opening them as a folder, many images at once, and using Preview. The problem is that I'm not sure if/how I can resize all of them at once. I'd like to be able to enlarge/zoom in on the image, then keep it set at that zoom in. When I scroll/mouse/arrow from one image to the next, it returns to the original font size. As I'm trying to go through hundreds of images, this is a major drawback.

Can you set the font size on an entire folder you did/want to open? Can you resize all of them at once?

I know on other viewers can do this. Do I have another viewer? Are there other viewers I could use?

Not looking to do anything fancy except read digitial images of documents. Zooming on each one is really slowing me down.

Ideas?

I'm using a 2013 Macbook Pro. Thanks!

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 6:49 AM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2014 7:30 AM in response to Ron497

Preview is set up to show the whole image and when you switch to a new file the zoom will switch back to show the full image.

To answer you question I think I need to ask is the content you want to view always the same position within every picture? If so then the only way I can think to do what you want is to perform a crop operation on all the pictures then save them as another set of files then you "flip" through those.

I have Graphic Converter to do this. You can purchase if you want. There are other image viewers.

Here is a list of Graphics applications I know of:

Graphic Converter (has scripting ir batch processing)

iPhoto

Aperture

Adobe Lightroom

Preview

GIMP

SciLab

ImageJ (Has batch processing)

Mac Preview viewer - resizing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.