Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When changing from bullet to no bullet, text indent becomes huge

Whenever I have a bullet that at times is created automatically, the text indent is suddenly anything to 3 to 5 inches, instead of reverting to the normal text or body indent. See screen shots. This happens every time I try to change bulleted text to normal body text. What is that about?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 7:14 AM

9 replies

Mar 25, 2014 9:15 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Oddly, it says body when the text indent is set as it is. However, when it is correct in other parts of the document the Stytle name is also body. How can there be two different body styles. In the drop down menu there is only one and whenever I chose a style and select body, I get the correct style but not when the text is bulleted and I try to go undo the bullet.

Mar 27, 2014 6:57 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

I can't be sure but I've been working on this document for a few years. All I can think is that with upgrades and fixes, some strange grimlin got in the document. This is scary because what if something fatal happened. I have time machine and save a copy of this in another location. The doc I wokr on is in the iCloud also, so who knows. Apple actually contacted me on this so I am wondering if they do not have other issues like this.

Thanks for your help.

When changing from bullet to no bullet, text indent becomes huge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.