Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping my itunes playlist order after I sync to iPod Nano 7th Gen

So I created a playlist but I am having trouble keeping the order of songs after I sync. I have tried rating them as well but as soon as I sync, Alphabetical order is what I get. Any thoughts?

iPod nano, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 7:06 AM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2014 1:53 PM in response to Joe-Boo

In iTunes, go to your playlist. On the playlist, click on its column header row at the far left end, above the column with sequential numbers below. That sorts the playlist by playlist order, and you can change the song order by dragging songs around on the list. You may have done this already.

If you sync this playlist to the iPod, it should appear in that order on the iPod.

If it does not, you may not be looking at the playlist on the iPod. If you select the list of All Songs on the iPod, it will be in alphabetical order. Even if you only have one playlist synced to the iPod, the All Songs list is not the playlist. If you select the playlist on the iPod, it should be in playlist order.

Keeping my itunes playlist order after I sync to iPod Nano 7th Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.