Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insufficient space to transfer from ipad to imac

I created an edited video on my ipad. Now, I would like to transfer the video to my imac so that I can continue working in imovie on the desktop.

The problem is that my ipad is low on memory and I can't transfer it to 'imovie theater' or itunes unless I delete a bunch of apps

to create space.

Is there an alternative way to transfer the video to the imac? iMovie tansferred the video clips with no problem, frustratingly, it did not transfer

the editing I already perfomed. To make matters worse, imovie on the ipad does not use icloud unless it is transfered to 'imovie theater'. A classic

chicken and egg problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

imac 24" 2.4ghz

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 7:48 AM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2014 8:34 AM in response to soarch

I don't think you want to use iMovie Theater. That's for finished projects. To get your source material, you'll need to share with iTunes.

But if you don't have enough memory, you can try

1. If you haven't synced your iPad with your Mac in a while, I would do that first.
  2. Transfer your camera roll photos to iPhoto and delete them from the iPad.
  3. Delete any large movies or ripped DVDs that you've shared via iTunes. Last year, I had to delete and resync some of my daughters movies in order to share an iMovie project because of the same problem you're having.
  4. Delete some of the bigger apps and reinstall them later.
  5. If you're syncing any big albums from iPhoto, you can delete those and resync later.

Good luck!

insufficient space to transfer from ipad to imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.