Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

save my resume in pdf and then upload into an online application

IPAD 3 G

frankly I am DISGUSTED with the LACK of productivity available on the IPAD.

i bought "THE BEST" so that I wouldn't be disappointed......what a rip off

another writer said it best..... apples a good for CONSUMING MEDIA... surfing, email, etc

BUT if you need to write or edit a document...you might as well pull out your ten year old PC laptop

Here is MY proof in the form of a question;

HOW DO I SAVE MY RESUME IN A STANDARD FORMAT, DOC, DOCX OR PDF...IN MY IPAD AND THEN

HOW DO I UPLOAD IT TO AN ONLINE JOB APPLICATION.

PLEASE..... if you are going to refer steps or apps THAT I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD / BUY PLEASE REFERE ......ONLY...

to apps you have personally proofed.....

I can...not....STAND....... this TOY......it is USELESS....AS A TOOL FOR PRODUCTIVITY.

TALK ABOUT LOWERED EXPECTATIONS.

so i just tried to select the type of equipment I am using..... AND IPAD 3 G isn't even on the list!!!!!!

iPad, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 9:35 AM

16 replies

Mar 25, 2014 10:00 AM in response to MyIpadisaTOY

Yes, iOs does have some limitations, but it is far from being a "a toy".

Safari only accesses content from the Photos app for uploading. Some alternatives to look into:

• iUploader. There is a free version and a paid version (don't recall the cost). works reasonably well, but for continued use across a number of online sources, you will need the paid version
  • iCab Mobile. This is an alternate web browser (and a pretty good one at that). It is not free, but I seem to remember the cost being fairly reasonable ($3.99 USD; Not sure, may be less; I've been using it for quite some time). Includes a plethora of settings, but for the purposes of uploading files the two you would be most interested in are the Browser ID settings (allows to to set the ID to a non mobile browser) and the download space (contains downloaded files within the app itself and allows for uploading to a site assuming the upload feature doesn't use Windows services or flash; should work on most sites. Has for me).
  • See if the specific site has its own app (not typical, but this is the case for some employment sites such as Dice or Monster).

Mar 25, 2014 1:21 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

thank you but... No thank you

I appreciate your sincere input but

you proved my point...... "maybe this or maybe that

go download this and maybe it will work "

Every AppleHead says that Apples works seamlessly and simply... OK I will agree

They work.... but ONLY inside a TINY envelope of usefulness. Just like a TOY

Really

If I have to download this and then maybe that and then maybe I can be productive and in the meantime I have lost time........

P..R..O...D...U...C...T...I...V...I...T...Y... NOT

So what is left...... I can surf and read mail.... that stuff falls into the "Play" category ....= TOY

also I find it offensive that I can select

"This was helpful"

or This resolved the problem

but no option for anything leaning toward this issue is NOT resolved

Mar 25, 2014 1:35 PM in response to MyIpadisaTOY

If you do not find a post to be helpful, then do not select one of the options.

As for the suggestion I made, it will depend on the specific site and how the document upload field is created and managed. A site using current html standards will work fine wth either of the two apps suggested. I use iCab Mobile on a very regular basis for just that type of activity.

If the laptop serves your needs, or work habits, better, then by all mean use it.

Mar 25, 2014 2:59 PM in response to MyIpadisaTOY

FYI,

Any tablet, EVEN AN iPAD, is not a full laptop computer replacement, at least for the foreseeable future.

If you need to perform very specific tasks, a laptop or desktop computer with a full, robust computer OS is still needed.

No tablet maker, including Apple, ever has claimed, currently, that their tablet computing device are replacements for their higher end computer systems.

If you need more functionality than an iPad can provide, you can supplement this with an already owned conputer OR sell your iPad and purchase something like the MacBook Air which has the same instant on, Flash storage as an iPad, but has the advantage of a slightly larger screen, an already built-in full size keyboard, trackpad, a full computing OS and ports for easily connecting other peripheral devices.

Jul 14, 2014 6:11 AM in response to MyIpadisaTOY

There is much to agree with on both sides of this argument. Yes it's just a tablet and not a full blown PC but at the same time, how pathetic it is if a website asks you to upload a document and all the iPad will do is look in the pictures folder? This is so frustrating that's it's actually quite annoying!

So picture the scene, you've got a really important document or CV to upload to a generic website and all the iPad (or iPhone) can do is look straight at your photo's. GREAT, that'll really help me out, ...erm NO!!

As a user we can't change the website and we can't certainly change the OS on the tablet so where does that leave you? That's right, going on a wild goose chase looking for a free app that will change your document into a picture, just so you can upload it. It's just not productive at all. And before you say get Dropbox or Onedrive etc, I already have them. The website your trying to upload to can't get past the 'straight to pictures' problem i mentioned above. Infinite loop ensues...

To be honest, if your iPad or iPhone has Apple Pages on it, why doesn't the device allow you to choose from that as well? That would put an end to this lack of productivity and eventual apple device annoyance. So going back to your original complaint, I agree, I find my iPad to be more of a toy than a work station, and I will only change my mind when Pages is better integrated to be of actual use in Safari and other essential apps.

Jul 18, 2016 4:40 PM in response to MyIpadisaTOY

I have recently been trying to apply for several different jobs on several different sites only to find that I can't do so using my Mac Book Pro. I end up going to the public library to use a windows machine to successfully finish the application. I find this extremely irritating and maddeningly crazy! If I drop left my Windows machines behind 7 years ago and now I have to go borrow one to do such an important things as apply form a job! Productivity is an APPLE problem not just an iPad Problem!!!

Jul 18, 2016 5:09 PM in response to CADLAC

CADLAC wrote:

I have recently been trying to apply for several different jobs on several different sites only to find that I can't do so using my Mac Book Pro. I end up going to the public library to use a windows machine to successfully finish the application. I find this extremely irritating and maddeningly crazy! If I drop left my Windows machines behind 7 years ago and now I have to go borrow one to do such an important things as apply form a job! Productivity is an APPLE problem not just an iPad Problem!!!

Can you elaborate on "find that I can"t do so... "

There could be a number of reasons for this and to be helpful to you and the community, knowing what the issue would be needed.

My first guess is more of a browser issue than an OS issue.

save my resume in pdf and then upload into an online application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.