Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable a stolen phone?

I had an IPhone 4S stolen from me in Orlando last month. I replaced it with a 5S. I didn't have the Cloud or a pass code set up on the 4. I do have the 5 set up with both. Over the weekend I received a couple of emails from the now owner (who lives in Egypt!) of my stolen phone who bought it off Craigslist not knowing it had been stolen ( or so he says). He is asking for my email password so that he can delete my email account & set up his own. He claims he is getting my emails & my photos. He also hacked into my Facebook account & left a message.

MY question is how can I disable the phone from here? The people at the AT&T store claim it can't be done.

THanks in advance,

Designerguru

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 9:17 AM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2014 9:31 AM in response to Designerguru

AT&T might have been able to Blacklist the phone in the US, but they cannot blacklist it outside the country. Unfortunately, as you have found out, without a passcode on the device, all of your data has been compromised. I hope that you took the time to change the passwords on everything that you had on the device, email, banks, other apps, etc. Once you make sure that you have changed all of your passwords on your accounts, he will no longer be able to access your mail. You will, however, need to make sure you use some other email to receive any of the reset emails, so this person does not receive them as well.

To answer your mail question, there is nothing that you can do to disable the phone since you did not activate any of the things capable of doing that before losing the phone.

How do I disable a stolen phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.