Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Renaming a Podcast (rebranding, essentially) - steps?

Hello! I want to change the name of my podcast completely (and have new artwork), but I want to keep all the old episodes -just have the newest upload have a new title and new artwork, although it will be the 11th episode. Is this possible, without starting over? Helpful info:

1. I use Blubrry in Wordpress

2. Currently uses my web address (michellefit.com podcast)

3. Wish to change it to "Beyond Burning Fat Podcast"

Do I start INSIDE itunes? So my Podcast Feed inside Blubrry is different?

What is the order of steps to successfully accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!! I appreciate it!

chelle

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 9:49 AM

You cannot change or edit anything in iTunes - it simply reads your feed. You can change the podcast's overall title easily enough - you will have to do this in WordPress and I can't advise on the details, but basically you go to wherever you originally entered the podcast's title and change it there, then re-publish the feed.

Similarly you can change the image in wherever you originally entered the image's URL - make sure to give it a different filename or the Store (which caches the image) won't know it's been changed. The image must be 1400 x 1400, JPG or PNG, and less than 500kB.

The Store will probably take a couple of days or so to recognize the title change, and some days for the image to change. Subscribers will see the title change pretty well immediately.

For reference, your feed is at http://michellefit.com/feed/podcast/ . Of course don't change the feed URL in the process.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2014 9:49 AM in response to chelleander

You cannot change or edit anything in iTunes - it simply reads your feed. You can change the podcast's overall title easily enough - you will have to do this in WordPress and I can't advise on the details, but basically you go to wherever you originally entered the podcast's title and change it there, then re-publish the feed.

Similarly you can change the image in wherever you originally entered the image's URL - make sure to give it a different filename or the Store (which caches the image) won't know it's been changed. The image must be 1400 x 1400, JPG or PNG, and less than 500kB.

The Store will probably take a couple of days or so to recognize the title change, and some days for the image to change. Subscribers will see the title change pretty well immediately.

For reference, your feed is at http://michellefit.com/feed/podcast/ . Of course don't change the feed URL in the process.

Mar 25, 2014 11:10 AM in response to chelleander

Hi Chelle,

Per Libsyn - since you are hosting with libsyn - you really would be much better off using the libsyn feed instead of managing your feed on wordpress - wordpress feeds cause more issues than anything else.

There is ZERO reason to use a wordpress managed feed when hosting with libsyn - and actually you set yourself up for potential issues in the future if you start adding additional wordpress plugins to your site - as 3rd party plugins can cause your feed to stop updating / break. And I am guessing you picked wordpress for your site since you wanted to use plugins.

That all said - since you are not using the libsyn feed - it really does not matter if you update the feed info at libsyn - but you should look into going with the libsyn feed in the future if you want to have the most reliable feed for your show - and the easiest one to update info to.

Regards,

Rob W

libsyn

Mar 27, 2014 9:48 AM in response to Robert Walch

Thank you Rob! I may have misrepresented what I actually have . . . Libsyn, I believe, is my feed. So, on Libsyn I changed the name of the podcast and the artwork, and the show description; however, the "show slug" and "website address" are the same. Is this correct?

Would people then search for "Beyond Burning Fat Podcast" in iTunes, rather than the old "MichelleFit.com Podcast"?

Sorry for my ignorance - this stuff is not my strong point! I so appreciate your patience! :-)

Thanks a million, chelle

Renaming a Podcast (rebranding, essentially) - steps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.