Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I send a song as a gift that I accidentally already purchased for myself?

I purchased a number of songs to give to a friend as kind of a mixed tape (so awesome). Unfortunately, I forgot how archaic iTunes is and I purchased all the songs under my account. Is there a way re-allocate them to my friend's account once they are already purchased so that she can actually play them on her devices? Thanks in advanced.

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 10:51 AM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2014 12:22 PM in response to jcal812

No, they are tied to your account, you can only gift songs from within the actual store, not from your library.

All purchases are considered final, but you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will refund or credit you : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

How to I send a song as a gift that I accidentally already purchased for myself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.