Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consolidating Additional Content

After a couple of years away, I've just upgraded to Mavericks from Snow Leopard, & to Logic Pro X from Logic Studio 8.0.2.

Previously I maintained my "additional content" outside the Library, in another folder on my Boot drive.

When launching Logic Pro X for the first time, it asked me if I would like to "download additional content", & of course I agreed.

It seemed to know that I already had a lot of this material, so it appeared that I didn't need to duplicate material (it realised, for example, that I already had the Jam Packs, even though they were not in theApplication Support/Logicfolder); however, looking in /Library/Application Support/Logic & in the manually-maintained folder, it appears that in fact there is quite a bit of duplication.

It strikes me that the best strategy would be to ditch my manually-maintained folder, & put everything Logic might possibly want in the default assigned locations, in order to avoid further trouble in future (IOW: I give in!).

However, before I do that, I just want to be sure that subsequently Logic will be aware of the change of location, & that I haven't moved my own stuff into Logic's folders only to have it become invisible.

I knew how to fix this with Logic Studio 8, but I gather that what worked back then is no longer an option.

So my question is in two parts:

• I have Apple Loops outside of /Library/Audio/Apple Loops, & Software Instruments outside /Library/Application Support/Garage Band & /Library/Application Support/Logic; I also have the Jam Packs (I don't remember where they were supposed to have come from). Should I consolidate my files by moving all of these back into their respective appropriate locations?(We're talking about 45Gb of material, but all of it is on the boot drive, so it's just a question of moving it rather than copying-&-deleting.)

• More importantly (because I'm assuming the answer to that one is going to be "yes"), how do I ensure that Logic is aware of, & fully up-to-speed with, the new locations for all these files? What's the approved procedure?

(N.B.: some of them are Software Instruments I've created myself; it's not all Apple-supplied material.)

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 10:56 AM

There are no replies.

Consolidating Additional Content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.