Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make pictures better quality for an iphoto book?

I am making an iphoto book and some of the images have a warning that the quality might be too low. Is there a way to increase the quality of the image?

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 12:28 PM

What version of system and iPhoto are you using?

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos that are giving the warning sign?

iPhoto 8 (09) has an upper dpi limit of 110 that it applies the warning to. You would have to estimate the frame size in the book that the photo is used in and divide the pixel dimensions of the image by the frame size.

For a full 8.5 x 11 inch full page photo the mininum size would be about 1200 pixels x 935 pixels. Most photos from cameras and phones take photos with pixel dimensions that won't be a problem. You an create a PDF file of the book as described in this Apple document, iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture, and to get a rough idea how the image will look in the final book.

Some users have reported that even though they got a warning sign the printed copy looked good enough for them. So it's all in the eye of the beholder. Personally I'd avoid any image that gave that warning.

OT

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2014 12:28 PM in response to lizardbunda

What version of system and iPhoto are you using?

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos that are giving the warning sign?

iPhoto 8 (09) has an upper dpi limit of 110 that it applies the warning to. You would have to estimate the frame size in the book that the photo is used in and divide the pixel dimensions of the image by the frame size.

For a full 8.5 x 11 inch full page photo the mininum size would be about 1200 pixels x 935 pixels. Most photos from cameras and phones take photos with pixel dimensions that won't be a problem. You an create a PDF file of the book as described in this Apple document, iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture, and to get a rough idea how the image will look in the final book.

Some users have reported that even though they got a warning sign the printed copy looked good enough for them. So it's all in the eye of the beholder. Personally I'd avoid any image that gave that warning.

OT

How do I make pictures better quality for an iphoto book?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.