Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Putting files/folders onto ipad

Hey I'm pretty new to using the iPad. So here's my question. I like to read comics/manga on my Samsung phone but would like to use those files/folders on my iPad.

Is there a way to put these files and folders directly there seeing as iTunes doesn't seem to upload zip files.

Also I'd like to organise these files into folders thus the folders part of the question.

I've tried using file transfer apps but they don't seem to upload whole folders, instead it's individually.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 1:33 PM

7 replies

Mar 25, 2014 2:08 PM in response to Takuberry

You still need a specific app destination (and many, in fact most that will read those files) will not support .zip files. File Manager supports zip files, but may not be the best app to actually view them (you should still be able to move them from it to another app for viewing. You could certainly use something DropBox or Box to get them on the device.

What format are they in (file extension)?

Mar 25, 2014 2:13 PM in response to Takuberry

this would be a good time to visit the app store. I searched for comic book reader and got 200 hits. (probbly three of them are any good...) but one is labeled magna - which i see you reference in the original post. Browse the store, and see if you can find an app that reads your source type - then you are all set.

Putting files/folders onto ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.