Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are these up and down arrows on a region?

I'm having a problem with some regions in my project. First, I imported some wav files that were sent to me. These are audio tracks that were individually exported from Final Cut Pro 7. After importing them into Logic X, about 3 of them displayed the same waveforms as each other, but when I played them, I could hear each individual track (i.e. not matching the waveforms). I noticed that the 3 that showed the same waveform had small up/down arrows next to the name of the audio file, and I assume these are indicating something about having different audio files on the same track(???). Here is a screenshot of the arrows (notice them to the left of "Dialogue 1_1"):

User uploaded file

I can't figure out what these are or what to do with them, for the life of me. Can someone guide me in the right direction or let me know what these arrows are indicating?

Thanks in advance.

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 1:46 PM

It means there is a family/herd/flock/pride/swarm of loops - it's a dropdown menu.

User uploaded file

3 replies

What are these up and down arrows on a region?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.