Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any Dashboard Developer still out there?

Just woundering if the development of Dashboard widgets is still alive - or is it gone? It looks pretty sad in the moment!!!

If you can't convince Apple of the unique value that Dashboard can bring to both OSX and iOS platforms - you are going to lose it entirely!

Add Dashboard Widgets to the Mac App Store and opening the development to a whole new audience that ObjC can't bring, thereby growing and enriching the user experience with all sorts of novel new solutions - or NOT?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), User Tips, Xcode, Dashcode, Mac

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 1:03 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2014 7:03 AM in response to zdytw

There are other communities. I just discovered this the other day: https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/mobile-chrome-apps

I used to be dead-set against this sort of thing. But as I do more and more work with modern Apple frameworks, I am being forced to face the reality of just how bad they are. This is the same company that gave us MacApp. Perhaps Google can be our new Metrowerks.

Any Dashboard Developer still out there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.