Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPad to slideshow iPhoto Library from ext. HD

Using Lacie CloudBox (or any other Extenal Drive) to back up my Apple iPhoto Library

regardless to solutions discussed by using iTunes homesharing... Is it possible to slideshow that Library directly to an apple tv ?

Or with an iPad connected to same Wifi Network?

iPhoto '11, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 1:20 PM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2014 8:58 AM in response to Old Toad

THanks Old Toad

I'm planning the following test, maybe you can advise before i invest in it.

Connecting Apple TV with an external drive (after Mac os journaled formating)

then using iphoto app on my iPad while the library is stored over that drive.... Do you think this will work and give smooth streaming ? 😕

in same concern i just noticed a new app called: ibox which syncs iphoto library for sharing via DropBox.

i will try both options and will update this post.

Mar 28, 2014 9:21 AM in response to Avantino

I'm not clear on what you expect - but the iPad can not access the Mac iPhoto library (nor can it as far as I am aware access an external hard drive) - and I'm thinking that you questions would be better ask in the iPad or IOS or iPhoto for IOS forum as they do not seem to involve iPhoto for the Mac in anyway

And Smooth streaming is totally a function or your personal network and the traffic on it - no one else knows about your specific set up

LN

Using iPad to slideshow iPhoto Library from ext. HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.