Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

templates for Pages 5.1

Hello community

I am attempting to locat the TEMPLATE LOCATION FOR PAGES 5.1.

When I open a blank, modify it and want to save it as a formated template, where does it get saved.

ALSO: when I select MY TEMPLATES is brings up a list of templates from iWorks, and I went to Applicatoin Support iWorks/ Pages/Templates and deleted them however the old ones from iWorks still show up in MY TEMPLATES

Can someone clarify this TEMPLATE issue/location and seeming connection to old templates that are in my trash.

Learning Curve, AARRGH!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Pages, Garage Band, Numbers

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 3:04 PM

4 replies

Mar 25, 2014 3:12 PM in response to jojoguitar

Well, I'm sort of replying to myself with what I found *somewhere*

About Templates in Pages 5.1

Save a document as a template

1. Choose File > Save as Template (the File menu is at the top of your computer screen).
  2. Click one of the options:
    • Add to Template Chooser: Type a name for the template, then press Return. Your template appears in the My Templates category in the template chooser.
    • Save As: Type a name for the template, then choose where you want to save it.If you save it to iCloud, the next time you open Pages on your iOS device, the template appears as a downloadable file in the document manager.

Stil doesn't answer why Pages 5.1 is accsssing TEMPLATES from iWorks that are deleted.

Open for further discussion.

jojoguitar

templates for Pages 5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.