Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do with my old iMac speakers?

Hi all I have these cool little speakers that came with my old iMac but I've never been able to use them since I upgraded to the newer Intel iMac

They have a special small pin jack that won't fit any of my audio ports.

They have been in my drawer for years now

Is there an adapter available to make them work with other size audio ports?

I'll try and upload a pic of them

Dunks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Time Machine

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 5:33 PM

Are these the ones that look like crystal balls? If so, there once was a very nice adaptor. Its maker, Griffin Technology, discontinued them and the prices for those remaining in the market jumped between 100 and 500 percent. Even today the adaptor, called the iFire, can fetch over US$200 used.

For that price you can buy an awesome set of modern speakers with a subwoofer. The old speakers were nice but they have been left behind.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2014 5:33 PM in response to dunks71

Are these the ones that look like crystal balls? If so, there once was a very nice adaptor. Its maker, Griffin Technology, discontinued them and the prices for those remaining in the market jumped between 100 and 500 percent. Even today the adaptor, called the iFire, can fetch over US$200 used.

For that price you can buy an awesome set of modern speakers with a subwoofer. The old speakers were nice but they have been left behind.

What to do with my old iMac speakers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.