Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does anyone know the apple script or unix command in ARD that allows me to send keystroke commands to computers on my ARD network ? thanks !

I am trying to cue computers through keystroke commands using ARD

I want to know a unix shell or script command to hit keystrokes on my ARD machines.

EXAMPLE... I want machine X to press the letter K.

I am also wondering if you can send multiple commands doing this , multiple keystrokes with built in delays

Thank you

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 4:45 PM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2014 10:41 AM in response to joshvideo88

This thread has a script for logging in - I think you could adapt it for whatever keystrokes you want.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5513023?answerId=25272192022#25272192022

it is something like

osascript <<EOF

tell application "System Events"

keystroke "name"

keystroke tab

delay 0.5

keystroke "password"

delay 0.5

keystroke return

end tell

EOF

It is like Shawn's, just in a different format and with the osascript preamble.

Good Luck

chicster

does anyone know the apple script or unix command in ARD that allows me to send keystroke commands to computers on my ARD network ? thanks !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.