Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s is not charging in my car USB port.

Hi everyone, I am new to posting here in the apple support community so please forgive me.

Last weekend I recently just purchased the iPhone 5s - my first iPhone (I have previously owned iPods, iTouch and the Macbook Pro; so I am familiar with Apple products). My car (Hyundai Accent 2012) has a USB port near the cigarette charging port, along with an aux cable port. My previous android phones were able to be charged using the appropriate cord through the USB port, as well as my iPods and iTouch. However, when I attempt to use the USB port, to charge my new iPhone 5s, it wont charge whatsoever. The lightning bolt, on the iPhone, will flicker and then finally I will get a pop up stating that the charging device is not supported by Apple. Is there any way that I can change this in my phone settings? Because, the car USB port has worked for other devices and iPods in the past. I have even used the same cord that came with the iPhone and it still does not work. So, I know it's not a cord issue.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1, Brand New

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 5:04 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5s is not charging in my car USB port.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.