Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad can't find ANY wifi networks or personal hotspot each time I return to my home network

I have an iPad 2 as well as iPad 4, iPhone 4 and Macbook Pro. Each of these connect fine to my home network, however my iPad 2 suddenly couldn't find any networks or my iPhone 4 personal hotspot, bluetooth or wifi.

I went to Singapore and hey presto, it could find and connect to wifi networks with ease.

Then I came home to Australia, couldn't find any networks or personal hotspots again. Went to work, same issue, couldn't find the network at work. So took it to the Apple Genius Bar and it worked automatically again without changing any settings. Reset to factory settings just incase this somehow helped getting it home.

Took it home, worked fine. Recovered from a previous backup and still worked fine.

Brought my ipad into work yesterday, couldn't find my personal hotspot or wifi networks. Took it home, can't find any networks. Reset my modem and it still can't find any networks (or my personal hotspot) even though all other devices automatically connect.

Any suggestions? I suspect when I take it to Japan next week it will probably work fine, then I'll come home and it probably won't. Is it some sort of software issue? Why would it stop working every time I take it out of my home network and bring it back?

I have all the latest updates.

Thanks in advance and reading through!

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 25, 2014 7:30 PM

7 replies

Mar 26, 2014 4:43 AM in response to kriddlelives

Tray resetting your device. Don;t worrk, no data will be lost. it's just a reboot.

Reset your iPad by simultaneously pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until you see the Apple Logo. This can take up to 15 seconds so be patient and don't release the buttons until the logo appears. Try again to see if the problem persists.

Mar 26, 2014 11:48 PM in response to kriddlelives

Does the ipad have any management software put on by your workplace ? If so this my be somehow disabling your wifi. The other thing it may be is the wifi channel your wifi is broadcast on but as it happening to you with a lot of access points it prob isn't this it may be a hardware issue, you could take it To an apple store and if it works there try connecting it to your phone. You could also try this, go to general > one of the last options (between VPN and reset) is profiles (This only shows up if u have profiles installed) if you have profiles go into it and delete the profiles then restart. this may help. Good luck

iPad can't find ANY wifi networks or personal hotspot each time I return to my home network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.