Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i'm getting no audio output...

on my newly updated version of garageband. I've check the preferences, made sure I have built in audio as my output. I've listened to songs in itunes and on youtube... Anybody got any ideas?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 12:15 AM

6 replies

Mar 28, 2014 12:03 PM in response to trip100yt

What about the Master Volume Slider on the Control Bar (drag the GarageBand window wide enough to make it visible)

User uploaded file

This Slider is an additional volume control AFTER the volme slider on the Master Track (Alhtought both Meters, on the Master Track and the Control Bar, display the signal after the Master Volume Slider). More on those important details with signal diagrams in my new manual "GarageBand X - How it Works".

Here are a few trouble shooting steps:

• If the Master Volume Slider (on the Control Bar) turned down, then there is no output signal
  • If it is up and you see a signal on the Meter, then you should hear it through the Audio Device you selected on the Output.
  • Select System Settings for the Audio Device, then GarageBand follows the setting you have in the System Preferences - Audio. It will then be the same as iTunes uses.
  • Last resort is to restart (I guess you did that already). This might correct any hiccups that could happen when switching between Audio Devices

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Mar 29, 2014 1:05 PM in response to trip100yt

I am having the same issue here...I have zero movement on any of the meters and it is registering my MIDI device. I am using Line 6 MobileKeys 49 and it works perfectly in Garageband 6.0.5 but when I switch back to GB 10 nothing...Even when I unplug the device and use the MAC keyboard same issue GB 6 works fine GB 10 big fat nothing. Awesome Sauce

i'm getting no audio output...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.