Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

web sites's config was changed by updating X server to 3.1

I am running a application server (Tomcat 7) and web mail server (roundcube) through apache configuration. I have configurated the config files located in /Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/sites, file name as:

0000_10.1.1.100_443_mail.XXXX.com.au.conf

0000_10.1.1.100_80_www.XXXX.com.au.conf

to support ajp and webmail ssl proxy mapping.

Unfortunately, when I updated my X server from 3.0.2 to 3.1, my webmail (roundcube ssl enabled) and web application (Tomcat application map vs ajp) not work. I found out my config files in

/Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/sites

were rolled back to original files, all directory map and protocal mapping lost. Seems X Server re-written sites config files.

Any idea about it? I think it is terrible bug. Or some thing wrong with my setting?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), X server 3.0.2's open directory iss

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 3:27 AM

1 reply

Mar 26, 2014 7:38 AM in response to Cidy Long

Empirical evidence indicates that the contents of those files "belong" to Server.app and can get changed or rolled back for various Server.app operations — I've had settings wiped there, too. You'll want to re-merge those local changes, or use an Include (as recommended in the readme file) or might possibly utilize the following include mechanism to store your changes over in the /other directory:

Include /Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/other/*.conf

Here's a previous similar discussion.

web sites's config was changed by updating X server to 3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.