Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I deploy multiple fonts with the ProfileManager

I tried to add more than just one Font using the ProfileManager on Mac OS X Server 3.1.1

There appears just one line to add one Font file. Do I need to combine all my fonts into one file to deploy it?

Don't see a way to add more Font Payloads.

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 3:27 AM

13 replies

Aug 16, 2017 4:32 PM in response to banym

There are a copy solutions here that involve changing the CSS files through Resource Inspector in safari, this is all fine and dandy but they are temp solutions only. As soon as you close your browser your back to square one. One involves removing everything that is hidden which results in a bunch of extra crap in other spots. The other involves having to repeat the process over and over again.

So all that being said here is an alternative that only needs to be redone if you update the Server App to a new version and doesn't introduce all kinds of stuff that is supposed to be hidden.

1. Launch Terminal.app (/Applications/Utilities)

2. type sudo pico /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/devicemgr/frontend/admin /common/app/stylesheet@2x-packed.css

3. At the very top of the document ad ".sc71042 {color: white !important} "

4. Go to the end of the next line (used to be the first line) and change ".sc-hidden{display:none !important}" to .sc-hidden{display:none}

This solution stays in place except when you update server.app and will effect all browsers accessing the system instead of just temp on the current one.

May 13, 2014 4:14 PM in response to banym

I spoke to Apple's Enterprise support today about this problem, and the representative said that he is going to report this "issue" to Engineering. Not sure what this means, but I thought I would let you know.

If you are trying to deploy multiple fonts to iOS devices, they suggested that I use Apple Configurator, which is available for free in the Mac App Store...

Nov 19, 2014 3:23 AM in response to banym

Hi,

i tried the new OSX Server Version (4.0.0). The problem with the deployment of multiple fonts with the profilemanager is still there.

Has anyone new information from apple or an workarround?

greetings from bremen

Sep 1, 2015 4:26 PM in response to banym

There still doesn't seem to be a way of adding more than one font (using Server 4.1.5 on Yosemite 10.10.5). I added one font, then updated the computer via profile manager, then changed the profile to add a different font and repeated many times to add many fonts. The fonts were left by profile manager on the computer when the setting changed to add the new font, i.e., it doesn't remove the font if you change to a different one.

Not such a slick way of getting many fonts onto a computer, but it worked for the relatively small number of fonts that I had.

Mar 9, 2016 11:35 PM in response to banym

On Mar 9, 2016, at 6:00 AM, Peter Lars Jensen <> wrote:
Hi Apple,

We can not deploy multiple fonts with the profile manager - there is no "+"-button to add more fonts to the same group. To me it looks like a bug and it seems to have been a problem for some time?

Se this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6032500?tstart=0

------------------------------
Server version: 5.0.15

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. This is indeed a known issue, although unfortunately I can't comment on when a fix might be available.

I will push for an update to the documentation if the original problem can't be addressed.

Thanks,

-Server Team

Mar 12, 2016 1:01 AM in response to Peter Lars Jensen

Hi everyone,

I have found a solution to this problem! It's a little bit messy but doesn't involve hunting around and editing files in the terminal.

First you need to turn on the Develop menu in Safari: go to Preferences > Advanced > Turn on Develop Menu

Now log in to your Profile Manager web page and go to add a font.

Go to Safari's Develop menu and select Show Page Resources

On the left side of this new pane, open up the Stylesheets folder and select the stylesheet inside it.

Now scroll down (not all that far) and find the entry:

.sc-hidden {

display: none !important

}

and change it to the following by cutting and pasting:

.sc-hidden {

color: white !important

}

As you can see, it's a little messy but you will see there is now a + button.

Hope this helps some people out there. I was determined to get this working as this is really all I wanted the Profile Manager for!

Regards,

Jim.

Mar 17, 2016 1:50 AM in response to JimNiceButDim

Jim,

as it turns out, it's a brilliant idea but the wrong fix. Please do not edit the CSS in the way mentioned, I've been able to add multiple fonts seamlessly like this:

1. Enable the developer menu in Safari as Jim suggested
  2. Open the profile manager, navigate to the font settings
  3. right-click the minus-button in the upper right corner, select "Inspect element" from the menu
  4. the web inspector will highlight a div class="left" element inside a div role="button" element. The latter is the one defining the minus button
  5. next comes another element div role="button" with a class attribute. This is the plus button we're looking for.
  6. The class attribute contains a number of classes, separated by a blank. One of them is sc-hidden. Remove it.
  7. The plus button should now be visible and fully working. Add your font.
  8. Repeat steps 3 to 6 for any other font you need to add.
  9. Clock OK when done, and save your settings. Fonts will be pushed to the devices thereafter.

HTH. Regards

Christian

How can I deploy multiple fonts with the ProfileManager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.