Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS MP3 Gapless Playback Problem / Buffer Problem On Iphone

I've been experiencing a bug for some time now with the mp3 player on my iPhone 4s using ios 6 and on my iPhone 5 using ios 6 & 7.

What's happening is, I listen to a lot of albums that are contiously dj mixed and play straight through without any pauses between tracks, and I've been experiencing problems a lot now with random split second pauses between tracks and choppy transitions. These albums in question have been ripped from cd using the latest versions of iTunes.

For example, I'd be listening to an album and it would play gapless and smooth for most of the album, but maybe one or two transitions on the album would have a split second pause between them, and the rest of the album would play perfectly with no pauses at all.

This only happens on my iPhone, as I have a 160gb iPod classic and I've listened to all the same albums on it and never has a problem playing the album without any pauses, every album plays 100% smooth and gapless on it.

It seems like it could be a buffer problem on the mp3 player on ios or something? But could you please look into it, this problem has been bugging me for ages now and I hoped that it would have been fixed in ios 7, but it's still there. It really is frustrationg when you spend almost $900 on a phone and the basic mp3 functions don't work.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 3:21 AM

There are no replies.

iOS MP3 Gapless Playback Problem / Buffer Problem On Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.