Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Care in Brazil - iPhone bought in USA

In December 2013 , I bought an iPhone 5c 16gb at the Apple Store Shopping Florida Mall in Orlando, Florida.

Was attended by more than a Brazilian seller, dealing in Portuguese and assuring me that the unit I bought would work PERFECTLY in Brazil and that the guarantee provided by them would also have coverage in that country.

Very satisfied, I used my phone until mid Março/2014, when some hardware problem with the unit was that it stayed "Searching sign" all the time. I tried to recover it through iTunes, but not completed this procedure.

When looking for an Apple Care support, I was informed that the model of my iPhone 5c has not been approved by the FCC and therefore they gave no assistance here and I would have to send my device to the United States to get the repair.

Nothing more absurd than this position of Apple. Being a company of global scope and arrested by the quality of its products, due deny assistance to a GENUINE product is not applied respect to its consumers, who pay for these very expensive devices.

Being, as I said, a company world-wide and the product being purchased within the warranty period, it is the duty of the company to bear the burden of this warranty contract anywhere in the world that presents itself.

The issue of the model is absurd and unknown to almost 100% of the consumers of Apple products and almost a deceptive sale, after all, was by ensuring qualified and with the appropriate knowledge that the product and its warranty would work perfectly in Brazil .

Take me for quite dissatisfied with Apple's position and would, by due regard to the consumer that the company submit a response .

Thank you.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 7:05 AM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2014 7:11 AM in response to Renato PA Oliveira

Apple does not respond to posts made in these forums. These are user-to-user support forums.

As to your issue, that the warranty on an iPhone, including the AppleCare extended coverage, is valid only in the country in which the iPhone was sold, something which is common knowledge and a warning of that is in the iPhone warranty statement. Such restrictions are common to many cellphone manufacturers, particularly with smartphones, and not a policy exclusive to Apple.

If you believe you were given incorrect information by the Apple Store, contact the store manager and discuss the issue with him or her.

Regards.

Mar 31, 2014 7:10 PM in response to Renato PA Oliveira

Oi, Renato.

Qual o modelo do seu iPhone 5C? É um código que está atrás do aparelho nos moldes A + 4 dígitos.

A questão da garantia não é bem como explicada acima. Eu já utilizei a garantia de iPhones comprados nos US aqui no Brasil sem problemas.

O MacMagazine fez um artigo bem bacana explicando o funcionamento da garantia de iPhones 5s e 5c aqui no Brasil. Dê uma olhadinha:

http://macmagazine.com.br/2013/09/27/entenda-como-funciona-a-garantia-mundial-da -apple-para-iphones/

Abraços.

JP

Apr 1, 2014 11:30 AM in response to Renato PA Oliveira

Caro, JP,

O modelo do meu iPhone 5c é o A1532... justo um dos modelos que não foram homologados aqui no Brasil pela Anatel.

O grande problema é a falta de orientação dada aos funcionários das lojas da Apple que atendem diversos brasileiros como nós a procura de seus produtos nos EUA, principalmente em cidades como Miami e Orlando.

No meu caso, fui atendido no ato da compra por um brasileiro, falando português, e, numa outra oportunidade, por uma questão de insegurança, retornei à loja e fui atendido por outro brasileiro. Ambos me garantiram que funcionava perfeitamente no Brasil.

E realmente funcionou perfeitamente aqui, porém sem um item deveras importante, a garantia.

Eu NUNCA ouvi sequer falar na questão dos modelos, e garanto que 90% das pessoas que consomem os produtos Apple também não. Todos que ficaram sabendo do meu problema ficaram abismados e perplexos por nunca ouviram falar disso e começaram a pesquisar feito doidos sobre os seus "modelos".

Já a questão da garantia é discutível. Existem julgados na Justiça que empresas com a mesma argumentação da Apple (de não venderem o produto aqui, por isso não garantem), foi posta de lado em função do consumidor. O argumento utilizado é que se trata de uma empresa de alcance global, sendo então responsável de maneira geral por sua marca e produtos em todos os cantos que atua.

Bem, no final das contas, estou esperando um conhecido ir aos EUA em maio desse ano, só assim poderei ter a troca do meu aparelho.

Infelizmente, devido a este "problema" minha experiência com Apple está se tornando uma dor de cabeça onde deveria ser apenas deleite.

Obrigado pelos esclarecimentos.

Abraços.

Apple Care in Brazil - iPhone bought in USA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.