Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates confirmations plus Security updates

Where do I look (and how do I get to that particular screen ) in my late model 2012 mac bk pro to view ALL my currently installed updates? Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), purchased Sept 2012

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 7:20 AM

8 replies

Mar 27, 2014 7:56 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

Hi me again,

To further clarify- when I went to the app store (purchases) several of the items had a tab saying:

install; installed; I know I have some since 2009 (with updates and migrated to my newest mac bk pro laptop ) and I am able to use them...my Q is - why do the purchases say such different things? Should I reinstall ? (click on the button that says install ? They all say September 2012 ). I don;t even know if the February 25th items updates and security patches were ever loaded - I if I redo them (install them again) will they begin to trip all over themselves if there re 2 copies? THNX😕

Ralph Landry1 wrote:

Open the Mac App Store, sign in to the store with your Apple ID, then click Purchases to see what has been installed. You can also click Updates to see what is available.

Ralph Landry1 wrote:

Open the Mac App Store, sign in to the store with your Apple ID, then click Purchases to see what has been installed. You can also click Updates to see what is available.

Mar 28, 2014 4:48 AM in response to caninemiss

Anything that says Installed is clear. Some applications say Install, but they are greyed and touching the button has no effect. Those have, in many cases, been superseded. If a button says Download, there is an update available for download/install.

If you have Mountain Lion 10.8.3 as your profile indicates, there are updates. There is an update to 10.8.5, a Supplemental update, and a security patch from February/March. Click Updates and see if you are shown ML updates.

If you have not updated your profile, what Mac OS X version and build do you have? You find that by - apple left side of the menu bar, About This Mac and under the Apple logo is the Mac OS X Verizon number, click that and you see the build number...a number, letter, number.

Mar 28, 2014 7:34 AM in response to caninemiss

You are welcome...and to back up to an earlier post today, a reinstall will not cause tripping over of the Mac OS X. You can always reinstall to clean things up if necessary. What the system will object to is trying to install an earlier version, I.e., build, than is already installed. But you don't want to regress anyway so that will not be an issue.

Updates confirmations plus Security updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.