Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete photos from iphone but save on computer

I want to delete photos on my iphone to free up space. If I delete from iphone, will I loose them in Events in iphoto?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.5

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 7:00 AM

5 replies

Mar 9, 2016 7:21 AM in response to KMT56

Hi - I have the same question but since upgrade to El Capitano, iPhoto is just called photo, no longer offers the option to delete off phone nor store every import group as an event, but kept all old iPhoto imports as iPhoto events. I prefer how it worked before, but now want to off-load images from iPhone ad it doesn't have the capacity of a laptop, and don't know how to be sure or how to easily keep groups together in new not-for-me-improved, unheralded changes with upgrade ... Do to want to be engaged with iCloud, just keep pictures on laptop and take with iPhone which has previously been a simple and convenient system.

Please can anyone help? Is there information that can hand-hold a 23 year -long user of macs through this unwanted new pathway? Many thanks!

delete photos from iphone but save on computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.