Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Renault medianav

We have just taken delivery of a 2014 Dynamique Medianav Clio.... The car is great, but I'm struggling a bit with the Bluetooth phone side of the Medianav.

I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 7.1

Medianav is software version 4.0.2

I've previously used my phone with other bluetooth kits equipped with a call button that if held in it replicates a long press of the home button on the phone....ie it activates Siri on the phone and allows access to all of Siri's functionality, ie send a text message, dial a number, play music etc etc...

None of the remote buttons on the steering column control activate Siri...

Holding the home button on the phone when connected to the car vial Bluetooth simply starts a call to the phone number which is, first in the contacts list, which is my own number, which is worse than pointless..

Does anyone else have experience of this ? Are there any suggestions or workarounds ?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 2:33 PM

Hi Stew,

I contacted Renault about this very problem, my Clio is just a week old. They said the car isn't compatible with iOS at all.

I noticed that in all of their "blurb" regarding the Toolbox for MediaNav there was no mention of OSX or iOS. They only talked about Windows.

They told me that the Software Developers were working on a fix and that it would be available sometime this year !?

So I think that at the moment all that will work is a basic Blue Tooth connection. Any useful tweaks like Siri will be "Available sometime this Year"

I am not able to update my MediaNav maps as I own an Apple Mac and not a PC. Not good.

Happy Driving !

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2014 2:33 PM in response to Stew D

Hi Stew,

I contacted Renault about this very problem, my Clio is just a week old. They said the car isn't compatible with iOS at all.

I noticed that in all of their "blurb" regarding the Toolbox for MediaNav there was no mention of OSX or iOS. They only talked about Windows.

They told me that the Software Developers were working on a fix and that it would be available sometime this year !?

So I think that at the moment all that will work is a basic Blue Tooth connection. Any useful tweaks like Siri will be "Available sometime this Year"

I am not able to update my MediaNav maps as I own an Apple Mac and not a PC. Not good.

Happy Driving !

Nov 15, 2015 7:59 AM in response to haarjimlad

Although this post was over a year ago it would seem Renault have done absolutely nothing with the MediaNav system. I picked up my Clio over a month ago (65 plate) and eagerly waited for my iPhone 6s to connect, the excitement ended there, the bluetooth regularly drops out, music streaming cuts out continually and the infamous response from Renault ...... "we are working on a fix" after looking at several forums with thousands of posts you will find they have been working on this since 2010 and IOS 7!!!

My advice if you are looking for a nice IOS experience in your new car, don't look to Renault!

Dec 17, 2015 12:50 PM in response to kerrh100

My enthusiasm about Renault's 'Media experience' in my new Clio (MediaNav 4.0.5) has disappeared completely. Connecting my new iPhone 6S+ Bluetooth regularly drops out, music streaming cuts out continually and I have to adjust the volumes continuously between telephone conversations and the music. Connecting via the USB cable is no option since that makes the car's touchscreen not react. Renault is clearly ignoring the most popular smart phone in the world. Wake up please!

Renault medianav

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.