Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting songs by chosen artists

Maybe it's my fault. This morning I wanted to see which songs I had by Helen Forrest. I clicked on "Songs" and typed in her name, and I was confronted by the same "problem" that I have had since there was a version of iTunes that I liked. That was long, long ago. Anyway, today I finally decided to see what could be done. When I select a singer, I want to see a LIST of the songs she sings. I don't want to see each of the albums in which the songs are included. I want them all together in one place.

I know that I can make "playlists," and I have a number of them, but I want to be able to create a "playlist" INSTANTLY by just typing the artist's name. Furthemore, I want this list to be in the main menu, where everything about the song is contained, and where I can easily manipulate the song.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 9:18 AM

Yes, that worked much better in the older versions of iTunes.

You can still achieve what you want by keeping the column browser open (in Songs view, of course) and choosing what you want in the browser columns.

To activate: View > Column Browser > Show Column Browser.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2014 9:18 AM in response to Niku

Yes, that worked much better in the older versions of iTunes.

You can still achieve what you want by keeping the column browser open (in Songs view, of course) and choosing what you want in the browser columns.

To activate: View > Column Browser > Show Column Browser.

Mar 26, 2014 9:39 AM in response to Niku

I was going to say that your remedy didn't work, but then I reread you instructions again, especially the "in Songs view, of course" part. That did the trick, because stupid me had thought that "artist" was the logical choice. It wasn't, of course. Anyway, although I still prefer the former arrangement, I can live with the "improvements". I once did try to scrap the "improved" versions and revert to "the good old days," but that turned out to be more difficult that I had anticipated, so I had been suffering along until I found you. Thanks for the help.

Selecting songs by chosen artists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.