Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we fax without a fax machine using Fax PDF and fax software?

Since I can connect my Mac Pro to my Ooma VOIP by unplugging my phone that plugs into Ooma, and then run a regular phone wire from my Mac to the Ooma phone port where my regular phone usually goes.

Idea #1: Is it possible to use Apple's: Print > PDF > Fax PDF without having a fax machine in the hardware chain?

Is there a software solution hopefully that basically does what a fax machine does so... you'd be doing:

Mac > Print > PDF > Fax PDF > Fax Software (in place of a fax machine) > Ooma VOIP box > Internet > recipient's fax machine

I fax so rarely, that if I could figure this out it would be great and save me driving to Staples, or actually buying a fax machine for use once or twice a year.

Idea #2: If I ever replace my printer and get an All-in-One (scan, copy, print, fax), could I simply connect the printer's fax port to Ooma's phone port and use Apple's built in fax capability?

Thanks.

Steven

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 4-Core Mid 2012

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 9:06 AM

1 reply

Can we fax without a fax machine using Fax PDF and fax software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.