Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Garageband and iPhoto for OSX Lion

Hello there!

I have a late 2007 13" Macbook running OSX Lion 10.7.5 and it still runs quite fast. Seeing as this mac can't run Mavericks I was wondering if its possible to get any versions of iMovie, iPhoto or Garageband on it. That was my first question. And my second is I also have a mid 2007 iMac, which is running OSX Mavericks, but runs extremely slowly. It has the same amount of Memory and the same processor as the Macbook. So I was also wondering if we downgraded to lion (Because we have a version of that on a disk) if i'd still be able to run the newest versions of iMovie, iPhoto and Garageband on it. My last question is I purchased OSX Mountain Lion, when it came out and it ran smoothly but it doesn't appear in the purchases section of the Appstore. Is that because Apple doesn't want people downgrading?

Thanks In Advance 🙂

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2014 12:00 PM

The latest version of iMovie, Garageband and I think also iPhoto require Mavericks. You can instal the ilife '11 applications - if you buy a copy on DVD from for example Amazon. You will also be able to update them from the App store to the last version compatible with the operating system you are using.

If you purchased Mountain Lion then it should be possible to re-download it from the App Store. It won't be listed on the mac running Mavericks but I would expect it to be available on the macs running Lion, especially if the harware doesn't support Mavericks.

Geoff.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2014 12:00 PM in response to AWoolley

The latest version of iMovie, Garageband and I think also iPhoto require Mavericks. You can instal the ilife '11 applications - if you buy a copy on DVD from for example Amazon. You will also be able to update them from the App store to the last version compatible with the operating system you are using.

If you purchased Mountain Lion then it should be possible to re-download it from the App Store. It won't be listed on the mac running Mavericks but I would expect it to be available on the macs running Lion, especially if the harware doesn't support Mavericks.

Geoff.

iMovie Garageband and iPhoto for OSX Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.